Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bake 52 Week 44 - Apple Dumplings

This week's recipe was surprisingly easy but very sophisticated looking... great for guests!  I had a small equipment problem but Jonathan helped out with that. 

I couldn't find an apple corer, so after I peeled the apple (I only made a half recipe).
I cut it in half and Jonathan used his hole saw to core it!  :-)
One down...

One to go...

What a great husband letting me get apple all over his tools!

It worked perfectly!  Since the recipe calls for using store bought dough the rest of the dish is very easy.

I rolled out the dough, not worrying too much about getting a perfect 6" square. 

Then you just put the apple, butter, some sugar & cinnamon in the middle of the dough
I bundled up the dough (made rolls out of the extra dough) and popped everything in the oven.

While it baked I made the sauce - apple juice and sugar.

After ten minutes I rotated the tray and took out the rolls, another 10 minutes and the apple dumplings were ready.

Yum...

I'm actually not a big fan of baked apples but this was pretty good.  Super easy and I think your guests would be very impressed with a dessert like this! 

Check out the full recipe at Emily's blog.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's awesome he used his drill for you. You guys are serious about coring apples. I liked this more than I thought I would too!

    ReplyDelete