Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Table Talk - Pasta Salad with Arugula & Sun-Dried Tomatoes

This time for our dinner group we made a pasta dish.  It is yummy!  It was pretty easy too.

I didn't worry too much about measuring things and I had to make a few substitutions - darn Wal-mart! 

First substitution - I used a sweet onion instead of a red onion.  I was buying sweet onion for another dish I was making but they only sold them (and the red onions) in bags.  I didn't need two bags of onions.  I didn't even need one, so I picked sweet onions for both dishes. 

Second substituition - I used a spinach, arugula mix because there wasn't any arugula alone.

Third substitution - I used parmesan cheese instead of provolone because Wal-mart didn't have any provolone and I had parmesan on hand. 

Other than cooking the pasta and mixing things up in different dishes you pretty much just throw all the ingredients in a dish and mix it up!

Yum!  Check out Jen's blog for the full recipe. 




1 comment:

  1. It looks really pretty! Way to think on the spot for substitutions.

    ReplyDelete