Friday, June 15, 2012

Triple Chocolate Banana Bread

So I'm on my own this weekend while my husband travels back to Utah for his Great Aunt's funeral. Since I didn't have anything planned I thought I'd bake some things that I've been wanting to try.

The first thing I baked was Triple Chocolate Banana Bread which I found here. I had some very ripe banana's in my fridge and when I saw this recipe earlier this week (or maybe last week...) I figured it was the perfect use for them. I'm not a huge fan of regular banana bread too healthy. But chocolate banana bread - what's better than chocolate with bananas?!

The ingredients...



It was a really simple recipe. Mix the dry ingredients.



Cream the eggs and sugar.



Mix in the oil, chocolate syrup and mashed bananas.



Then you fold in the dry ingredients, the walnuts and the chocolate chips.



I have to admit I doubled the chocolate chips. I mean really, a half a cup for a full loaf? That's not nearly enough!

Luckily I planned on using my large loaf pan (9 x 5") because it completely filled that pan.



I cooked the bread for an hour and it looked great when it first came out of the oven.



But after I let it sit for 15 minutes the middle fell. I got it out of the pan but it didn't come out very well. Some of the bottom stayed in the pan. But it sure was tasty!



I figured it probably wasn't cooked all the way through but wasn't sure. The first piece looked and tasted great!



But later when I cut the whole thing up to store it I found that the middle wasn't cooked... I should have checked the temperature to be sure. But since uncooked chocolate banana bread tastes like chocolate cake batter I wasn't too worried about it being undercooked. :)

1 comment:

  1. I need to try this! I just happen to have some bananas that need to be used and I also happen to love chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete