Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bake 52 Week 39: Spiced Pumpkin Bread

I spent the weekend in Vegas and just got home on Sunday.  It's hard for me to cook during the week because of work so I tried to get this dish made before the end of the day Sunday.  For a variety of reasons I didn't get started until about 6:30 PM.  I had to be in bed by 8:00 so I was really pushing it...

Luckily it was a quick recipe - pumpkin bread.  Just the typical mix the wet ingredients together, mix the dry ingredients together and then combine.  I love the bright orange of the pumpkin puree!

I left out the ginger because I don't like it.  The recipe called for a cup of nuts and a cup of dried cranberries (optional).  But this is pumpkin bread!  You don't want nuts and fruit you need chocolate!!
So I put in two cups of chocolate chips and dumped it all my loaf pan. 
I forgot I meant to make this as muffins and should have...  They would have been done before I had to go to bed.  Instead after 55 minutes I just had a pan overflowing and charred pumpkin bread dough all over the bottom of my oven. 

I put a cookie sheet under the pan and left it cooking.  Jonathan pulled it out of the oven for me after about an hour and a half of cooking time. 

The close side of the loaf is what overflowed and ended up on the floor of the oven. 

I had a huge piece for breakfast on Monday.  It was moist and delicious!  But next time - muffins... That's the way to go!  Check out Talesha's blog for the full recipe. 


...

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you had a mess in your oven! I am glad it turned out well for you! I never thought of putting chocolate chhips in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time use a big loaf pan. Those glass ones are too small to hold all the goodness of the bread. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bigger pan and almost used it but I swear the recipe called for a 8x4" pan... Should have trusted my instincts!

      Delete
  3. I am with you, I'm making muffins next time! I wonder if the chocolate chips put you over the edge pan-size wise? That's my only thought.... Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete