Friday, August 10, 2012

Buckeye Peanut Butter Balls

Last week for our baking group we made Cheddar Cheese Bread - a very yummy easy, quick bread.  But not a sweet.  Since I can't seem to get through a weekend without making something sweet I made these (and a second dish because I couldn't settle on one!).  I got the recipe from here.  It's very straight forward.  As usual the hardest part for me was forming something that looked like actual balls.  Look at all the weird, different shapes I ended up with!


After letting the balls freeze for ten minutes I rolled or dipped them in the chocolate.  Now that I've eaten about half of the batch in the past four days (I'm scared to step on the scale and see the damage I've done) I've decided I like them better rolled in chocolate.  The creamy peanut butter needs some firm semi-sweet chocolate to offset it. 
When I was done with the Peanut Butter balls I had left over chocolate so I made some marshmallow clusters. 

I put everything in the freezer and have stored them there ever since.  The chocolate marshmallows were really tasty right out of the freezer.  They had the same consistency of really stale marshmallows (which I love!).  The Peanut butter balls had to stay in the freezer because with an 80 degree house they get soft and the chocolate melts way too fast! 

If you love peanut butter these are worth making!

No comments:

Post a Comment