Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bake 52 Week 35: Crunchy Granola Bars

This week we had Crunchy Granola bars for our baking group.  Another quick recipe.  It would have been delish except I burnt the oats when I was browning them.  It was just barely but it stunk up the house (almost like burnt popcorn).  I knew the oats were a bit burnt but I was already making a half a batch because I didn't have enough old fashion oats for a full batch so...

I covered them in chocolate!!

It made them edible but you could still taste that the flavor was off.  But they were very crispy, sweet and I think might even be better without the chocolate (gasp! I can't believe I even thought that, let alone wrote it...)

I couldn't get the chocolate to firm up at room temperature...80 degrees is a bit too warm for melted chocolate to solidify very quickly.  I had to stick them in the frig.


For the full recipe check out Emily's blog. 



...

3 comments:

  1. Those oats go from browned to burned really fast, don't they!?! I also want to try them now without adding any chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting to think that the recipe just has the wrong baking time to toast the oats! I'm glad I halved the recipe too. I wonder if that's why the oats over cooked, because there were less of them? It probably shouldn't have been that different though. ?? Anyway, they look delicious with that chocolate on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea spreading the chocolate on top! I will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete