Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homemade Thin Mints

It was a quiet weekend so I baked a bit...  I started with these because Jonathan LOVES the girl scout thin mint cookies.  Plus they were very easy. 

I melted chocolate chips with a bit of shorting, mixed in some peppermit extract and started dunking Ritz crackers.

About half way through the chocolate got a bit thick so I stuck it back in the microwave for 15 seconds.

All done... and ready to go in the freezer.

After about 30 minutes in the freezer I pulled them out to let Jonathan judge how close they were.

Jonathan liked them but said the mint flavor wasn't quite right.  After I bought the peppermint extract (all Stater Bro's had) I realized that I had mint extract.  Next time I'll have to try that.  The texture was perfect and you couldn't taste the Ritz flavor at all.  Worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment