Sunday, November 18, 2012

S'mores Bars

My second dish for the weekend was this.  I used my food processor to make the crust.
After about 12 minutes in the oven I had a cooked crust. 

While it cooked I got started on the chocolate layer.  The recipe called for 65% cacoa dark chocolate.  I could only find 60%.

But it was the good stuff.  I melted it on the stove with milk. 

While it cooled I measured out cocoa crispies and marshmallows.

After letting the chocolate sit for about 10 minutes I mixed in the marshmallows and chocoa crispies.  After mixing it, I spread it over the crust and topped it with more marshmallows.

Then it was back in the oven for a quick broil.

I left this in the frig overnight before trying it.  I like the combination of the graham cracker crust, marshmallows and chocolate.  The cocoa crispes give the chocolate layer a bit of a chewy texture.  For me the chocolate was too dark for this recipe.  If I made it again I'd use a pound of semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the 60% cocoa dark chocolate. 

Unfortunately, this minor flaw didn't stop me from having three pieces today!


No comments:

Post a Comment