Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bake 52 Week 48 Best Buttermilk Biscuits

I was a bit rushed trying to get this dish made.  I was in Utah all weekend and didn't find out what we were making until Saturday, at which point I didn't have time to bake since I was driving all day Sunday.  So Monday night I made this really quickly.  It was actually a pretty easy recipe but I didn't take many pictures until Jonathan came over to help me and he got a couple. 

The dough was really sticky...
So when I dumped the dough on the counter I over did it on the flour.  I didn't want to over work the dough so it wasn't as smooth as I wanted to be.  I don't have biscuit cutters so I used a glass, which worked just fine.
They cooked up pretty well but they were dry.  Probably because I added too much flour when I rolled them out but the flavor was good.

All in all they aren't as good as Chuy's recipe,which is what I usually use when I make biscuits so I think I'll stick with that.  But if you want to try it yourself check out Betsy's blog. 


1 comment:

  1. What is Chuy's? It sounds like I need to try that recipe too.

    ReplyDelete