Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower

This recipe was pretty quick and tasty.  It almost tasted like mashed potatoes too! 

I cut the cauliflower into small florets and dumped it all in a pot, covered it with water and put it on the stove to boil. 

While the cauliflower was cooking I prepped the rest of the ingredients - butter, cream cheese, parmesan cheese & minced garlic.


Once the cauliflower was nice a tender I drained it and combined all the ingredients, except the parmesan cheese.

I mashed it all together with a hand held potato masher.  Then I added the parmesan cheese.

Then I got out the stick blender and mixed them up until they were pretty smooth.  It took a little while but I got them nice and smooth.

If I ever figure out how to take a picture one-handed maybe I can get clear picture....

Jonathan was out of town this week so I eat this with some cheddar cheese and diced up meat (chicken, etc) all week.  It's pretty tasty.  But I did have to add a lot more salt than I expected to give it a good flavor.  It's certainly a side dish that I'll make again!
It makes six servings so plenty for dinner and some leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment