Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies

I had to make a snack to take to Relief Society this week.  I was looking through all the recipes for treats I've saved to make and this recipe caught my eye.  It's just pretty...

It's a pretty simple recipe since you use a cake mix.  It starts with 8 oz of cream cheese and a cube of butter.  This is not a low fat recipe...

 
I whipped those until they were smooth and fully blended.

Then I beat in the egg and vanilla.  And then I added the cake mix, red velvet.

 
I love how RED the dough is.  The white chocolate chips really stand out. 

This was a really, really sticky, thick dough.  I didn't really like the flavor of the raw dough.  Too much tartness from the cream cheese. 

I ended up with 30 cookies from the dough.
I cooked both trays at once, rotating them half way through.  I only cooked them for about 11 minutes.
The final cookie was pretty good.  I couldn't taste the cream cheese at all... I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  The cookies are more cake-like and chewy, which I should have expected given the ingredients.  Either way I ended up with a very pretty dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment