Friday, December 7, 2012

Gooey Sweet Coconut Chex Mix

I came across this recipe at Jamie Cooks It Up.  It sounded just like a treat that someone has brought up snowmobiling the last few years.  I find it very addictive so I couldn't resist giving this recipe a try.  Now that I've made it (and eaten way too much of it) I can't remember if it is the same as what I was looking for but it's sure good!

It's really easy...  Measure out the dry ingredients - Corn Chex, Golden Grahams, slivered almonds and sweetened coconut. 

Note to self... Or you if you  make this... make sure you thoroughly mix the dry ingredients before you start on the next step.  I didn't mix them and ended up with big clumps of coconut and/or almonds that I couldn't get mixed in very well.

Next you measure out a ridiculous amount of sugar (two kinds) and butter.
Once it melts you can kick up the temperature to bring it to a boil.
Once it comes to a boil it needs to boil for four minutes before you dump the whole mix over the dry ingredients.  Mix well and then spread out on two cookie sheets.
Easy, quick and yummy!!  It will work great as a gift for my visiting teaching sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment