Thursday, December 13, 2012

Slutty Brownies

This dish was a bit over the top, even for me!  You can get the full recipe at Handle the Heat.  But it grew on me by the third piece.  :-) 

I started with the brownies.  It started on the stove top, melting the butter.  Then I took it off the heat and added the rest of the ingredients.

Once it was all mixed and combined I set the brownies aside.
The next step was the chocolate chip cookie dough.  This time I made sure my stand mixer was available.  I didn't want to risk breaking any wooden implements!

First I creamed the butter and sugars together. 
Then I added the eggs, vanilla, mixed.  And finally the dry ingredients. 
The last step was adding in the chocolate chip cookies. 

Now time to assemble.  It was at this point that I realized I only needed half of the cookie dough.  Next time I'll half the recipe.  Now I have extra dough that I need to use...

After I pressed half the cookie dough into an 8x8" pan, I topped it with 16 double stuff Oreos. 
The final step was to spread (it didn't pour - way too thick!) the brownie mix.  Ready to bake!

 
I baked it for about 35 minutes and then stuck it in the freezer to set up.  
When I pulled it out of the freezer for a taste it was still warm in the middle.  That made the brownie really, really rich. 
I had a second (or third - who remembers...) piece later when it was fully chilled and it's much tastier in my mind.  It's still quite the mouthful but a fun indulgence.  

1 comment:

  1. Those look so rich. You must be on a baking spree! Your co-workers must be loving the constant stream of treats in the break room :-)

    ReplyDelete