Thursday, December 13, 2012

Triple Layer Mint Oreo Brownies

This is another recipe from Averie's blog.  We must have similar tastes because I find myself saving a lot of her recipes.  The first step was to make green, mint flavored marshmallow.

It took some work to get it well mixed.  I really hate how sticky marshmallow fluff is...
Once I had that combined I started on the brownies.  I used the handmade brownie recipe provided rather than a box mix.  It's not much more work and usually much better tasting. 
After melting the butter and chocolate I added the sugar.
Next three eggs and vanilla.
Finally the flour...
The last step was to fold in the hand broken mint Oreo's.  Yummy!
Once that was mixed well I spread it in a 13 x 9" pan and then dumped half of the marshmallow mix in.  It all ended up in a big glop on one side, pretty much.
But I didn't worry about it and just swirled it all in to the brownie mix.  I figured it looked okay...
Then the whole thing went in the oven.  While it cooked I started on the next layer.  First I melted the white chocolate
Then I mixed the white chocolate in with the remaining marshmallow mix.  It really helped pull the marshmallow off the side of the bowl but I ended up with something really clumpy
Meanwhile I made the vanilla frosting.  I'm not sure while I did this in reverse. 
If I had mixed the frosting in with the marshmallow and then the melted chocolate it probably would have worked out better.  As it was I ended up with some pretty clumpy frosting.  Not that it effected the final taste.
Once the brownies were done I stuck them in the freezer to cool them quicker so I could put the frosting on. 
After a bit I pulled them out, spread the frosting all over them and then topped them with the rest of the cookies. 
I put it in the freezer for a bit longer to set the whole thing up.  After a bit I was ready to try a piece.

It was okay warm, but later I had a piece after it had been chilled for a while.  I have to say chilled these are awesome!!  I didn't notice the clumpy frosting, the mint flavor was perfect and the brownie was fudgy, chewy and yummy!  If you like chocolate and mint I'd recomend this.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment