Thursday, January 17, 2013

Butterfinger Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars

So with all the cooking I couldn't skip making something sweet.  I picked this dish because I'd bought some cream cheese for it a few weeks ago and I was worried it would go bad if I waited any longer to make it.  I found the recipe at Bakers Royale.  Overall it was just okay...  I could tell it was a general opinion.  It took almost all day for the ones I took to work to get eaten. 

But then mine didn't look anything like the pictures on the blog so maybe I did something wrong.  The first layer is a chocolate chip cookie dough.  But it's really sticky, not your traditional cookie dough.
After I'd made the cookie dough I mixed up the cheesecake layer, which is not much more than just cheesecake and sugar, with an egg to help it set up in the oven. 
Then it was time to assemble. 
I couldn't find any king size Butterfingers at the grocery store and every one of my candy bars was broken.  So I put a candy bar down the middle so I got pretty even coverage.
Next I poured the cream cheese mix over the top, put the rest of the cookie dough on top of that and then covered the whole thing with mini chocolate chips.
Into the oven it went! 

Looking at the pictures on the blog and my pictures I'm pretty sure I over cooked it.  Bummer. 
The foil sling made it a snap to get out of the pan and cut up.

Even nearly burnt these were pretty tasty.  So if you like cheesecake and butterfinger I'd recommend these.  I probably won't try them again because I'm not a huge cheesecake fan.  But I still liked them.

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny. It took all day for these to get eaten. Maybe the poor folks are on a diet and it took all day for them to succumb to temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These desserts you make are crazy. Talk about sugar overload. But they look taste!

    ReplyDelete