Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Crazy Confetti Compost Cookies

This is another recipe I made in December.  One of the bloggers I follow comes up with some really unusual (or should I say "crazy"?) food combinations.  Almost all of her recipes intrigue me but not enough to make them... But this one I thought... hmm... that could be good... let's try it!

It starts out just like a pretty typical cookie recipe.  Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, melt the butter and let it cool.
I creamed the butter and sugars together in my stand mixer. 
Then I added in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla in. 
Next I gradually blended in the dry ingredients.   
Pretty typical cookie dough, right?  Now comes the weird part...

I added peanut butter chips, sprinkles, pretzels, Salt & Vinegar chips, chocolate chunks, heath toffe chips and gramham cracker crumbs. 
Look at all that good stuff in the dough.  I love salty and sweet so I figured it would be good but I really didn't know what to expect taste wise.
I used my handy dandy ice cream scoop to get uniform cookie size. 
All cooked up.  It looks a little like I mixed in Fruity Pebbles, doesn't?
I really liked these cookies.  Every bite tastes different.  They freeze great so I still have some in my freezer.  But I'd recommend letting them sit out until thawed so you don't break a tooth.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment