Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bake 52 Rewind Week #8 - Peanut Butter Cookies

I've decided to skip one other recipe in my quest to repeat the first of last year - traditional pizza crust.  Since I did the deep dish pizza I decided I wasn't going to do something that was so similar to another dish I'd made. 

So this weekend I jumped ahead to week 8 - Peanut Butter Cookies.  You can find the recipe on Jennifer's blog.  This recipe is labeled "great for beginners" so it's pretty straight forward. 

I read through the recipe and saw that I needed two cubes of unsalted, soften butter.  So I started there...
That's a lot of butter!
 
Then I got the dry ingredients measured and mixed together.

 Then I measured out the peanut butter.  I used Adam's (just what I had on hand).  The recipe called for extra chunky peanut butter.  But I don't like cruchy peanut butter and I wasn't going to buy a jar just for this recipe.
 Last thing to prep was the peanuts.  It took me a lot of chopping to get them this fine. 

Now I was ready to start putting it all together.  I creamed the butter with the two kinds of sugar.

Then I added the vanilla, eggs (one at a time) and finally the dry ingredients. 


 Last in - the chopped peanuts.


I used my disher to scoop out the cookies.  It must be right about 1.5 tablespoons, because I ended up with almost exactly double the number of cookies the recipe calls for (47 instead of 24). 

After putting the cross hatches in all the cookies I put them in the oven.


Ten minutes later I had cookies!  I didn't bother to let them cool on the cookie sheet because they were thin enough and smalle enough I figured they'd end up over cooked.


For the secound half of the batch I decided to add in chocolate chips.  Sounds like something I'd come up with, right?  But this time it was Jonathan who suggested this modification.  I must be rubbing off on him!


 For the chocolate chip peanut butter cookies I didn't put in the cross hatches.


 But I had to cook them a little bit longer since I didn't flatten them at all. 

I should have put in more chocolate chips... You couldn't really taste the chocolate.  If I were going to make them again I would have left out the nuts and put in a full bag of chocolate chips.  To tell the truth I liked the regular ones better than the ones with chocolate chips.

The nutrition info is for the regular recipe (no chocolate chips) and getting 47 cookies out of the recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment