Friday, February 1, 2013

Chicken

Jonathan asked me to cook up a bunch of chicken that he could eat with his salads or just as a snack.  I wanted to do something that was easy and cook all of it at once.  I've seen Brenda (my MIL) bake a bunch all at once for a chicken salad.  So I thought I'd give it a try. 

I figured the key was good seasoning and an even thickness as much as possible.
I seasoned both sides and sort of crammed the chicken into a dish.  I was worried about it drying out... so next I dumped in a little chicken broth... just a little.
Then I covered it with aluminum foil and put it in a 400 degree oven.  I checked it after 15 minutes...
It wasn't done... not even close.  But after 40 minutes...
Turns out I could have skipped the chicken broth.  The alminum foil did a good job of keeping the moisture in.  It was quick and easy and now Jonathan has some chicken in the frig and some in the freezer so he's set for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment