Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies

After I decided to make Angel Food Cake and I realized how many egg whites I needed I came across this recipe.  I noticed that it used a couple of egg yolks.  I decided it was a perfect time to make it when I needed a bunch of egg whites in another recipe. 

It's a typically cookie recipe in some ways. I started with mixing the dry ingredients. 
Then I creamed the butter and sugars. 
 This recipe uses three different sugars (powdered, brown and granulated).  I don't know why or how that effects the cookie or it's flavor.  But it was kind of fun to try something different. 
 
Next I added the egg yolks, egg and vanilla...
I beat it for several minutes.  It's supposed to get pale and fluffy but I don't have the patience for that.  The recipe calls for 8 oz of coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate.  I decided to use 10...
too much??
I figure it's about equal amounts chocolate and dough.  :-) 
It looks good, right?
 
The recipe only makes 24 cookies, which is the perfect amount to cook all at once and to not end up with cookies coming out of your ears...
I also sprinkled the cookies with kosher salt before I put them in the oven. 
The cookies are pretty tasty.  I only get a bit of the sweet/salty in the occasional bite.   They look more chocolately than they taste.  But over all a pretty good cookie. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment