Monday, February 25, 2013

Chocolate Blizzard Bars

I've had this recipe printed out for a while so I could make it.  It looks really good but the taste is just average.  Good but not good enough to end up in my dreams so it's not likely I'll be making it again...  But I'm glad I tried it.

The recipe starts with 12 oz of chocolate chips.  I used semi-sweet but you can use whatever you prefer.


I melted the chocolate chips in the microwave and then added the peanut butter.

Once the peanut butter was well mixed in I let that sit while I got the rest of the ingredients together, rice crispies, marshmallows, and M&Ms. 
After the chocolate had cooled for about 5 minutes I added in the rest of the ingredients. 
I mixed all that together and then dumped it into an 9x9" pan.  Then I dumped the rest of 8 oz bag of M&Ms I had bought on top of the dish.
I stuck the pan in the frig to let it set up quicker.
I like the marshmallow with the rice crispie texture contrast.  The bars are very rich.  I figure cutting this dish into 16 pieces is probably about reasonable given how rich they are.  So that's what the calories below are based on.  But my first piece was one ninth of the dish... very tasty, never had a hard time eating sweets... but even I felt a bit sick after I ate that much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment